This year I'm serious about my art. I intend to make good use of my new studio. These "peas" are my plan for daily work:
1. Practice. Although I've been doing art for about 14 years, I don't know what I'm doing! I've had next to no training. So this year I am taking advantage of all the free instruction on the Internet. I've begun practice in five core areas: linear perspective, composition, chairoscuro, atmosphere, and color.
2. Plein air. I've been wanting to get good at plein air painting, so I plan to paint outdoors every day (even if it is only through the window of my studio.)
3. Pinch. Begin one pinch pot every day.
4. Pot. Work on one serious clay piece every day.
5. Paint. Work on one serious painting every day.
6. Prep. At the end of each work day, prepare my studio for the next day's work. This includes cleaning up, laying out materials, and maybe writing notes about what I would like to do.
7. Study. This is the "s" at the end of "peas." This can be done outside of prime work hours and will enlarge my understanding even if it isn't something I will practice. Along with study comes socializing with other artists, also a good way to learn and stay motivated.